Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Milestone of the Week

We so had a milestone today!!

I put Ariana down for her nap, and, as always, we snuggled up in the rocking chair with a bottle. Sang a little, hunkered down under her blanket, lights out... usually a perfect recipe for heavy eyelids and deep breathing. Not today.

She finished what she wanted of the bottle, then rolled onto her belly, propped herself up on her arms, looked me in the eye and started yammering. She clearly had many things to say, of which I could understand nothing, but she was wide awake and thinking very seriously.

After chatting with her for a few minutes, I looked her in the eye and said, "It's time for your nap now, isn't it?"

And she nodded.

Suprised I didn't get tears and an argument, I then said, "I'm going to have to put you to bed now, okay?"

Again, she nodded.

Um... where's the temper tantrum? We have gotten to the point where we can put her down without tears if she's thisclose to being asleep, but wide awake? Not a chance.

So, I put her in the crib, and she was giggling and talking, so we chatted for a bit, and then she popped up to her feet as I walked out. And I looked back and she blew me a kiss... still no tears! So I blew her a kiss back and pulled the door shut, waiting for the tears....

Still nothing.

So, I went downstairs and fired up the computer, listening to her sing for a while, certain that once the adrenaline wore off, and she got tired, she'd start crying....

But she didn't! She simply and very happily just went to sleep.

MILESTONE ALERT! MILESTONE ALERT!

Our little girl is growing up....

No comments: