Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Girl on The Trapeze

For a few days, this blog will also be catch-up stories, not just current ones, as there is such a plethora of little tales that need to be recorded.

Two days ago, I lowered the front rail of Ariana's crib so I could change her in her crib (we often do this in the mornings when she's still lounging happily in bed, enjoying a slow wakeup). Then she wanted to read so I turned to her bookshelf to pick a book out for her, and she promptly vaulted over the rail of her crib before I could stop her. She didn't quite land on her feet, and she was a little startled by the movement (tears for about fifteen seconds), but I could see that gleam in her eye that she had just discovered a very interesting fact about the crib. Obvioulsy, the front rail went back up, but I have a bad feeling that she's going to be one of those kids who starts vaulting out of her crib the first instant she's capable of doing it. Toddler bed, here we come....

No comments: